COMMISSION ON SCIENCE AND LITERATURE DHST/IUHPST
2nd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE on SCIENCE & LITERATURE
7-9 September 2016, Pöllau, Austria
First call for papers
Following the successful 1st International Conference on Science and Literature which took place in Athens this Conference is the second to be organized under the aegis of the Commission on Science and Literature DHST/IUHPST. The second International Conference will be co-organized by the History of Physics Group/European Physical Society, Echophysics and the Victor Franz Hess Society with the technical support of the Hellenic Open University. As it was the case with the first Conference, the second one does not have a specific theme, as its intent continues to be the creation of an open forum for all scholars interested in Science and Literature, thus bringing into the dialogue multiple perspectives. Nevertheless, the Conference will be organized along thematic sessions, according to the papers which will be accepted by the Scientific Committee.
- Proposals for individual papers or panels of three or four papers should be submitted from 1st February until the 30th of April 2016. They must include the title of the paper (or the theme of the panel), name and affiliation of the author(s), an abstract of no more than 350 words and a short CV of up to five lines.
- A dedicated webpage will be available for the submission of the proposals.
- An international scientific committee will review the submissions and notice of acceptance will be sent two weeks after the deadline for the submission of proposals
- Registration: 1st February 2016 to June 30th 2016
- Registration fees (include coffee, tea, refreshments and Conference material): 150 Euros
Fees for students and early career scholars: 75 Euros
- Participants are asked to make their own arrangements concerning their accommodation in Pöllau, but the Conference organizers will be happy to give any necessary assistance.